QUESTIONABLE ADVICE MY MOM GAVE ME
My Mother is a (generally) sweet ole lady from Alabama who had a helluva time raising her 5 kids in California. Here are some of the nuggets of wisdom she has passed to me over the years.
- •You don't eat right. You need more potato chips and snacks in your cabinets.
- •Your house looks too bare. You need some pillows and trinkets to add some "pop." (My Mom and I have different opinions about what constitutes interior design versus hoarding).
- •(Before I met my now-husband): Find and marry a Jewish man. Their mothers teach them how to pick out great jewelry.
- •Your hair is too dark, it makes you look old and harsh. You look much younger and better as a blonde.
- •You need to become aware of what's going on in the world. Watch Fox News! (Thus begins 95% of our disagreements).
- •I saw the cutest outfit at Talbot's, it would be perfect on you!
- •It's not that old, it's fine to eat!