THOUGHTS I HAVE WHILE HOLDING HANDS DURING A PRAYER
Sorry, but it's the unicorn of social interactions and I never know how to deal with it when I experience it in the wild.
- •Why didn't I position myself next to people I know better?
- •Dear Jesus, please let my hand not get sweaty.
- •Is this grip too tight?
- •They seem to be gripping the same. I should be good.
- •NO. I'M THINKING ABOUT IT TOO MUCH. NOW I CAN'T TELL WHETHER MY GRIP IS TOO MUCH.
- •Oh darn, I should be paying attention to this prayer.
- •It's getting near the end. To squeeze or not to squeeze?
- •If I don't squeeze, then my hand just falls away all limp-like and gross.
- •Maybe I'll just wait and see if they squeeze. Cuz you gotta reciprocate hand squeezes, right?
- •They just prayed to bless the hands who prepared our meal. LORD BLESS MY HANDS AS I CHOOSE HOW TO LET GO.
- •Oh no one squeezed and the other didn't.
- •Welp. I'm going to squeeze both and hope for the best.
- •Aaaaaand now I want to go wash my hands again.
- •Oh wait, food.