MY BRIEF FORAY INTO TUCSON
After college I decided to move to Tucson with the only friend from high school I was still in contact with.
- •We were roommates but she basically lived at her boyfriend's.
- •When her mom visited, she hid a backpack of condoms in my room.
- •She wanted a tattoo of said boyfriend's initials. In a heart. On her boob.
- •The first tattoo place said she should go somewhere else because she was too picky.
- •She got a dog.
- •I wrote a poem called Tucson Town Blues.
- •I was really into early Bob Dylan.
- •I bought a pet rat and named her Edgar Sunflower (Edgar just because, Sunflower in reference to Ginsburg's "Sunflower Sutra").
- •I got my first full-time big girl job at a real estate appraisal company.
- •A week later I woke up late, called work and said I had a family emergency and had to go back to Cali.
- •The emergency was that my depression was experiencing an epic revival.
- •I drove home with my mattress and rat.