THINGS THAT MAKE ME INCREDIBLY PROUD OF MY FRIEND GROUP
- •TippingI appreciated this much more after working at a restaurant. Everyone pays their share and tips generously. My friends treat people working in the service industry as professionals whose time has value.
- •Women can talk about sexMy female friends can openly discuss having sex and wanting sex. And people notice and admit when they say something that perpetuates slut-shaming.
- •When they don't escalate a bad situationKill 'Em with kindness and know when to walk away.
- •We admit to uncool thingsTo the point that coolness and irony are hard to identify in our conversations. They support my love of Lenny Kravitz and One Direction and have assured me that it is ok to genuinely love the book Infinite Jest.
- •Party and businessMy friends are badasses who get shit done. They are human mullets, showing responsibility one minute and whimsy the next.
- •Work for nonprofitsSeveral of my friends work for nonprofit organizations because they care about the causes and community. Others of us volunteer.
- •Living Creatively