13 QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE GETTING MARRIED
By Eleanor Standford in March 24, 2016 NY Times
- •Did your family throw plates, calmly discuss issues or silently shut down when disagreements arose?
- •Will we have children, and if we do, will you change diapers?
- •Will our experiences with our exes help or hinder us?
- •How important is religion? How will we celebrate religious holidays, if at all?
- •Is my debt your debt? Would you be willing to bail me out?
- •What's the most you would be willing to spend on a car, couch, shoes?
- •Can you deal with my doing things without you?
- •Do we like each other's parents?
- •How important is sex to you?
- •How far should we take flirting with other people? Is watching pornography O.K.?
- •Do you know all the ways I say "I love you"?
- •What do you admire about me, and what are your pet peeves?
- •How do you see us 10 years from now?
- •See more at www.center-divorce-mediation.com