THINGS I'VE DONE TODAY INSTEAD OF FINISHING MY GRAPHIC DESIGN PORTFOLIO
And because @amieshmamie will be unspeakably happy about this (though simultaneously confused that I haven't been more productive).
- •This ListIn my defense I think this is my last distraction.
- •Made CoffeeI'm on muscle relaxers for a pinched nerve/severe muscle spasm/doctors don't know yet. I'm permanently fatigued.
- •Watched BRAVE With My DaughterIn all fairness watching a movie with Ellie is a normal part of our Friday's together. Also, while this isn't my favorite Pixar movie plot-wise, it does have some of my favorite characters.
- •Watched the New Captain America: Civil War Trailer A Billion TimesIt turns out that I might still be the little boy who loved reading Marvel Comics in his room.
- •Looked Up The "Teams" That Comprise The Aforementioned Captain America MovieReally this is just a natural extension of the last item. It turns out this saved me from watching the trailer EVEN MORE.
- •Developed A Theory That Ben Carson Is Being Blackmailed By Donald TrumpI mean seriously, wtf?!?!
- •Accepted Delivery Of An Item From A List My Wife Made A While AgoTHINGS I WANT TO BUY BUT WON'T BECAUSE I HAVE A LOT OF SELF-CONTROL AND A LITTLE BANK ACCOUNT - I'm not telling you which one...
- •Took A ShowerNo apologies for this one really. I really needed to smell better...
- •Met My BFF For Coffee Followed By SmoothiesProbably not a normal combination. But this is another Friday tradition. Ellie happily ate some coffee cake and drank some of my smoothie. :)
- •Played Hide And Seek In Books-a-MillionEllie was in the t-shirt rack Every. Single. Time.
- •Fantasized About Turning In My Two-Weeks Notice TomorrowI work at a church. I don't hate it. But I don't feel particularly valued either. This would mean I'd wrap up my work there the day before Easter. It turns out I couldn't actually be that much of a jerk, but I am enough of a jerk to imagine it with a shiver of schadenfreude.
- •Caught Up With Some Old Work FriendsAs I was leaving Starbucks an old work friend frantically flagged me down. She had another former co-worker inside, so we all caught up and talked about how cute my daughter is.
- •Walked My Dog Around The NeighborhoodAnother regularly appearing segment of my life. Luna is part Husky and needs regular exercise. We walk together an average of three miles a day regardless of weather conditions. Ellie happily accompanied us in the stroller.
- •Looked Up All The Adobe Apps In The App StoreThis is related to completing my my portfolio, right? RIGHT?!?!
- •General SlothThose muscle relaxers are tough to overcome. But that coffee is subtly kicking in now. Time to get my work on...