AT THE DENTIST WITH MY 5 YEAR OLD
Direct quotes. It was a routine checkup/cleaning.
- •There are shots at the dentist?!?! I don't want a shot!She didn't need one; the hygienist from the other room came to get supplies.
- •What's that sound?A drill in the room next to us.
- •You're choking me!The dentist touched her tongue.
- •Don't stick that pointy thing in my mouth! It's sharp! You're going to hurt me!The dentist wanted to "count her teeth."
- •Is it hard? Will it hurt?Re: the thing you bite when they take an x-ray.
- •I don't like that stuff! It tastes disgusting!Flouride
- •I'm gagging! I'm coughing and gagging!She was. She managed not to throw up, which was an improvement over last time.
- •Can I hold it and do it myself? I don't like when you do it.
- •No! Stop! Just let me calm down. Sometimes that takes a few minutes.
- •How can I take a deep breath when I'm crying?Logic.