FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOKS ABOUT VEHICLES
My son (age 2) is a truck-loving kid. Which means I get to expand our collection of books into a new category! 🚙 🚛 🚜 🚂
- •TrucksThe book that started the obsession. He still calls our mailman "Mailman Pete" because of this book (our mailman's name is Dan 😉). The pictures and information for each flap are good enough that I don't mind reading it over and over again.
- •Red TruckSimple and sweet with great illustrations. A nice choice for the littlest ones.
- •Little Blue TruckThe gold standard, in my opinion. Maybe influenced by the fact that it was the first one we ever owned, but it's just a really good book.
- •I Am a BackhoeThis is short but the text is lyrical and imaginative. We get it out of the library so often we should probably own it.
- •B is for BulldozerA very clever rhyming ABC book. Definitely helped my son learn his letters (which wasn't my goal, he just connected with the book enough to want to).
- •Bulldozer's Big DayAs a grown-up, I didn't get this one at first. But my kid totally did. The more I read it, the more it grew on me, and now we reference it around the house.
- •Digger, Dozer, DumperBought this on a whim and adore it. There is a poem for each type of truck/vehicle, which makes it nice for young attention spans - you can read the whole thing in one go, or you can hop around to your favorites. Highly recommend.
- •Chugga Chugga Choo ChooAnother family favorite. We say the first line ("Sun's up, morning's here! Up and at 'em, engineer!") a lot around our house. The illustrations are clever too.