During today's visit, my grandparents were watching "the golf," as they say. Being from Ireland, they mostly root for whichever Irish players are golfing in a particular tournament. Items 1-4 were about Irish golfer Shane Lowry, who disappointed my grandparents by finishing +10 for the day and missing the cut.
- 1.Damien back home knows him, you know. Just saw him last month. Nice guy.
- 2.He lives not too far from Aunt Kitty's farm. He's one field away from being in Westmeath.This is mostly a compliment; obviously it would be more ideal to be from Co. Westmeath instead of one field away.
- 3.Has his cap on backwards, does he? There's a country boy for you.
- 4.The other day he had a bad shot and he [whispers] used a four-letter word. Everyone heard him. He had to come out and apologize, of course.This was my grandma. She's never cursed in all her 83 years apparently.
- 5.Sloshing around, is he? That's what separates the men from the boys.Someone was in the rough. And it was raining.