Some things I'm enjoying today/recently.
- •RoutinesInspired by @iammeghanmurray, we instituted some new routines to start off the school year, and I have to say they're working wonders. I'm really thrilled. Hoping to add to them a little at a time once they're solidly in place.
- •Podcast for grown-ups: Zen Parenting RadioIt's a parenting podcast but with a very self-help twist. Their motto is "The best predictor of a child's well-being is a parent's self-understanding," so it's much more grown-up focused than kid focused. Every time I listen I think about how you don't really even have to have kids to enjoy the podcast. They are sometimes (ok, often) corny, and have great Chicago accents.
- •Podcast for kids: But Why?This is an awesome science podcast for kids and families. We've only just started listening but I've learned a lot myself, never mind the kids. Nice, easy-to-follow format, but not boring.
- •You Belong HereThis beautiful and reassuring book manages to avoid the sappiness of others of its kind. It lists, in rhyme, places where things/animals belong, interspersed with verses about how the child belongs right where s/he is. Perfect for reading out loud and making a child feel like the most-loved person on the planet.
- •Chocolate ChexMy nightly after-dinner snack. Bonus: it makes the milk all chocolately too so you can drink it afterwards.
- •Lemon SpindriftHave I mentioned this one before? If so, I am still INTO IT. So delicious and refreshing. At TJs or Target.