Live listing - butternut squash soup
Trying this out folks. Come along for the ride. *Recipe from my favorite ever soup cookbook: 12 Months of Monastery Soups by Brother Victor Antoine d'Avila-Latourette* Inspired by @jessicaz's cookie list!
- •Sauté 3 chopped onions plus 5 cloves garlic, in 6 tablespoons olive oil.
- •After 3-5 minutes, cover the pot and let onion-garlic mixture steam for 15 min.
- •While it steams, peel and chop one potato and one carrot.
- •Peel two butternut squash. Catch your breath and prepare for hacking them into pieces.
- •Halve the squash and remove the seeds. I prefer to use a serrated grapefruit spoon for taking the seeds out.
- •Cube the squash.Optional: recognize that you have no future in food photography.
- •Add all the veggies to the pot.
- •Add 7 cups of stock and stir. Bring soup to a boil.
- •Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- •After 45 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste. Also add fresh parsley (or, if you're like me, dried because you forgot to buy fresh). Cover and let simmer for 15 more minutes.
- •Mmm. Creamy deliciousness.
- •Time to eat!