Mugs I own (ranked) and their roles in life
Inspired by @marceline.
- •Travel mugI actually like this quite a lot but it doesn't fit neatly in the rest of the list. Has a lock so it never spills, keeps the tea piping hot. Feels good when you hold it. Would recommend (Contigo brand).
- •Everyday mugsThe ones that came with our dishes. They're pretty but they don't feel "special." I mostly use them when we have company and I have to serve a lot of people at once.
- •Floral mugA souvenir from my husband's last trip to England, sent home with him by our friends there. I was surprised at how much I like the pattern. Best when I'm sharing a pot with someone.
- •Starbucks mugsSlightly oversized, good handles. Hold more tea than most of my other mugs. Sort of embarrassed about the stains, but it's ok. Scouring mugs just isn't how I spend my time. Good for black tea.
- •Handle-less teacupMy parents brought this one back from Epcot for me at least 15 years ago. I use it when I make tea in the little green pot next to it. Always with green tea, almost always in the evening, and often when I am coloring or drawing after the kids are in bed. This one is for when I want to savor my tea slowly.
- •Handmade mugMy very, very favorite. Made by my cousin who used to be a potter. I've had it for almost 20 years, and I will be devastated if it ever breaks. The handle is huge, the lip is thin, and it holds a generous amount of tea. Plus, it's gorgeous. Black or green tea, depending on my mood.