REASONS I AM APPARENTLY 88 YEARS OLD
Inspired by @Fitz
- •Socks all the timeCan't sleep without them. Exception: outside in summertime (but I will put them back on when I come in).
- •Always trying to feed people or make them a cup of teaAdditional evidence: my teapot has a floral tea cozy.
- •Neatly unwrap gifts and save wrapping paperWhen possible. Also I save all gift bags and tissue paper for reuse.
- •Aversion to loud noises/poor hearing in crowded placesI am that person who nods and smiles at you in crowded rooms because I can't hear a word you are saying and asking you to repeat yourself doesn't help. Also, music at weddings is always too loud for me, and I will complain about it (usually just to my husband though). Exception: a live band I really like.
- •Always cold/always covered by a throw blanketI wear layers all the time to stay warm, even in my own house. If I am on the couch, I am always under a blanket.
- •Always have a Kleenex on handI am one step short of keeping one tucked in my sleeve. Usually several (clean) in my pockets, and travel packs in my purse.
- •Crossword puzzles and jigsaw puzzlesI have inherited the pasttimes of my grandmothers.
- •Bad kneesThey make cracking noises, and I usually groan a little when I first step out of bed in the morning.
- •Spectacles and gray hairI have a list about my hair choices, and I am comfortable with my hair, but it does give the impression of age. I can't see five feet without my glasses.
- •Doze off mid-dayIf I sit down for more than a few minutes, I will take an accidental nap.
- •Appreciate antiquesThanks to my mom, I tend to believe that things made a long time ago are better quality and more beautiful.
- •Fondly reminisce about the simpler days of youthKids these days! *shakes fist*