SECRET SANTA GIFT RECEIVED!! 🎅🏼🎁🎄
As I left my house this evening, I spied a package that wasn't from Amazon. Hmmm, curious. I figured I would would check it out out when I get home. And then I forgot (!!) until just now.
- •To start, the box said "FRAGILE LIQUID 12 1-pint plastic containers".I sometimes order grocery-type items on Amazon but I couldn't remember ordering anything in a quantity of 12, or anything that would be labeled "fragile." Or "liquid."
- •My very suspicious and paranoid husband didn't want me to open it."You don't recognize the sender, AND it's liquid? Probably explosive. Who do you call for that, the FBI?"
- •I opened it anyway. It was from my Secret Santa, @megsinmaine!! Woo-hoo!! (Hi Meghann!! 👋🏼)Low-tech ID protection. Also, I was inordinately excited by the packing peanuts.
- •I opened the card first. It was Bangor, Maine-themed, and funny. Love!! ❤️
- •Inside of card:
- •Underneath the card and the peanuts were three gorgeously-wrapped gifts.Ok, you can't see the third one so well, but it was also beautiful.
- •The first one was this little guy.I can't tell you how much I love him. His expression is so perfectly wise and slightly grumpy. He is adorable. (And, he is an ornament.)
- •And guess what? I have an entire tree in my house dedicated to bird Christmas ornaments. How did you know?Forgive the dark picture. I couldn't wait until morning.
- •My new ornament has a friend.My sister bought me the one on the right a few years ago. My new guy on the left fits in so perfectly I couldn't stop laughing.
- •The second package held this sweet air plant that looks like a pineapple top, from The Rock and Art Shop in Bangor.The insert says they are actually related to pineapples, which I didn't know. I have always wanted one of these! Seriously, it's like you were a mind-reader.
- •And the third one held a beautiful home for the air plant.It's so elegant and lovely. I can't wait to find the perfect spot for it.
- •These gifts are so absolutely perfect, it's as if I had gone shopping for myself.My husband actually said, "Oh great, a stranger got you nicer gifts than I did."
- •Thank you, Meghann!! I haven't stopped smiling since I opened your gifts. 😃
- •And thank you to @ChrisK for arranging all of this holiday goodness. 🎅🏼