SMALL ATTEMPTS AT CHANGE FOR 2016
"Resolutions" are too big and serious. Here the little, achievable ways I am trying to make 2016 healthier and happier. I may add to this; I don't feel the need to set them all out in January, but it's a nice time to reassess.
- •Drink more liquids. ✅Tea, water, seltzer. I'm pretty sure I'm often dehydrated.
- •Use my fancy (loose) tea. ✅It only takes a minute longer, I have a ton of it thanks to generous friends and family, and it makes me much happier. It's like a little gift to myself several times a day.
- •Resume yoga. ✅I love yoga. I used to go very regularly, but since my kids were born, I've stopped. I got a gift certificate to my favorite studio for Christmas and went to my first class last night. (Yay!)
- •Yell less.This is ongoing and probably too vague. My parents were yellers and I hated it but I find myself doing the same thing to my kids. I know I can change if I am mindful about it.
- •Wash my face and moisturize daily. ✅I have only missed two days so far. 11/13 is pretty good I think. All credit to the lovely people of List App who list about their favorite products and skin care regimens.
- •Eat less sugar.Definitely too vague because I find still myself eating sweets every day, and my body feels terrible when I do. Feeling a little stuck with this one.
- •Read real books. ✅It's way too easy to fall prey to my phone/iPad in the short amount of free time I have each night. And while I did read a few e-books last year, it was highly in satisfying. I have already read one real book this month and started another!! Yay!
- •Do something just for me a couple times a week. ✅Coloring, painting, drawing, sewing, etc. instead of just sitting with my phone or in front of mindless TV.