SONGS THAT I LOVE A WHOLE LOT
Not ranked or definitive. Just the ones that first came to mind because that felt the most honest. There are other passing songs that catch my interest, but these have stood the test of time. Thanks for the request @nathanveshecco!
- •Thunder Road ~ Bruce SpringsteenThat harmonica opening. His voice. Transported right back to the living room of the apartment I grew up in, dancing to Bruce with my parents. Love seeing this one live.
- •Copperline ~ James TaylorI would listen to JT read the phone book. This has been a favorite for a long time. Fun fact: my dad and I danced to How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) at my wedding.
- •Into the Mystic ~ Van MorrisonNot sure why, honestly. I just love it.
- •Red Hill Mining Town ~ U2I love U2. I love Bono. It's almost hard to pick a favorite, but this one wins by a slim margin.
- •Fake Plastic Trees ~ RadioheadThe strings. I get goosebumps just thinking about them. I might possibly do some very dramatic fake conducting for this song, but you will never have proof.
- •Send Me On My Way ~ Rusted RootThis was on repeat in my best friend's car when we were seniors in high school. She was one of the first to get her license and had her own car - a boat of a vehicle - and we would all pile in and drive around town with the windows down, singing. I will stop whatever I'm doing and dance for this one.
- •(Nothing But) Flowers ~ as performed by GusterA Talking Heads cover (and I've never heard the original). They don't often play this live, but I've gotten to see it twice and I was so so happy. Come Downstairs and Say Hello deserves honorable mention.