THAT WHICH BRINGS ME GREAT JOY...
- •My childrenObvious, I know. But there are so many times a day when I am awestruck by them - their beauty, their innocence, their very existence. I am so lucky.
- •Friends/familySpending time with my people is among the best things ever.
- •CreatingArt, writing, even cooking...making something is such a joyful thing for me.
- •NatureBeing outside anywhere, whether it be the park down the street or the top of a mountain, is instant happiness.
- •Facilitating learningWatching a child grasp something new for the first time is amazing, and being a part of that process is very rewarding.
- •BooksReading to my kids or for myself. There is so much joy to be found in language and connecting with someone else's ideas.
- •Beautiful objectsOld or new, small (like a teacup) or large (like a house), I love when thought and effort have gone into making something aesthetically pleasing.