Things I learned about older man that I see walking every morning
How's that for a title? I see these two older guys out walking every time I go running. This morning, one man was out by himself. I said hi and asked where his friend was. His response? "Eh, it's too cold for that p....puppy." 😂 (It was 21 degrees.) I didn't necessarily intend to stop and chat, but I'm glad I did. Here's what we discussed.
- •He was an electrician.This is why he doesn't mind the cold. He used to work underground in the mud, so he toughened up. He has no patience for younger people who don't appreciate the work electricians did so we can have comforts like air conditioning.
- •He will be 87 in ten days.
- •He served in Korea.
- •He and his wife will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary in August.They met when he came home from the war in '53 and got married 4 years later.
- •He has 3 children and 4 grandchildren.His daughter and granddaughter are going with him to the Philadelphia flower show this weekend.
- •He's really proud of his granddaughter because she's smart and makes friends everywhere she goes.She recently rode an elephant in "the Far East."
- •He lost his younger brother in a car accident, and his younger sister has Alzheimer's disease.This fact was revealed when I said, "Well, I'll see you around," and he said, "No guarantee of that." But I hope I do.