Things I Rant About 📂
As my husband can attest to, I am prone to ranting.
- •The amount of STUFF in our houseLots of it kid-related (toys, stuffed animals). I didn't expect "stuff manager" to be one of the hats I wear as a parent, yet here we are.
- •The additional amount of stuff my mother-in-law brings to our house every time she comes overDespite me repeatedly asking her for years to please stop.
- •Consumerism in general and the accompanying wasteWhere does all this cheap plastic shit go? Being in Costco makes me feel panicky, and I can't even think too hard about Target, as much as I love it.
- •The fact that some people still don't recycle even though it's not that hard.Am I wrong? Is recycling a struggle for anyone? I'm really curious; maybe I just live in a pro-recycling bubble.
- •Climate-change deniers/anti-science folks
- •Politics, as of this year
- •Rigid, traditional gender roles and expectationsEspecially when pushed onto children by the adults in their lives
- •When people tear down a little old house in a little old neighborhood and build something new and massive that doesn't match and that dwarfs the houses around itThis happens all the time in my town and I hate it. A development full of McMansions is one thing, but to squish one in the middle of a block of cute little cape cods is ridiculous.
- •My mother