THINGS MY HUSBAND IS BETTER AT THAN I AM
Inspired by @ameliaville, who reminds us that this is "cheaper than couple's therapy." The holidays are apparently a source of stress for me and my husband as a couple, so this is a good exercise for me.
- •Making phone calls
- •Handling adult things like life insurance and putting things in our safety deposit box
- •Being on time and also being realistic about how long actually things take to get doneWhat do you mean an hour isn't enough time to go shopping, cook dinner, and bathe both kids?
- •Remembering things, like details of our kids' medical histories and when recycling day is
- •Just generally being a responsible adult
- •Food shoppingFor the record, I'm also very good at food shopping but he volunteered for it to be his job and that deserves a mention.
- •Being the "fun" parentI take sh*t waaaaay too seriously.
- •Taking his relaxation seriouslySometimes too much, it could be said, but he reminds me to take a break once in a while, which is healthy. I hate the phrase "work/life balance" but that's sort of what I'm getting at.