What I've been up to
- •ThanksgivingWe do two in one day - lunch with my husband's family and dinner with mine. This was the first year I can remember that we went to my parents' instead of my aunt's house. I missed the chaos of my extended family but it was still nice. So much good food.
- •I made my first ever pie crust from scratch!Smitten Kitchen's apple slab pie, veganized by using Earth Balance butter and a soy milk/brown sugar glaze. I was pretty impressed with myself.
- •Date night with my husband, starting with vegan food in Manhattan,Nachos and key lime pie. Yum.
- •and Guster's 25th anniversary show at the Beacon!It was sooo good. One of the best shows of theirs I've ever seen. So much energy from the band and the crowd. I danced and sang until my throat was sore.
- •Started exercising again.See above re: lots of food consumption in a very short period of time. A long overdue change, and even though it's only been a few days, I feel better already. Pictured is a friend I met on an early-morning run.
- •Mailed my secret Santa gift! 🎁So excited. I can't wait for my recipient to get his/her gift. (Also, I'm curious to know what incident prompted the second sign.)
- •Lots of family time with these two goofballs.A long weekend followed by a couple days of rain means all sorts of fun - jumping in leaf piles and in puddles, rediscovering our Christmas/holiday book collection, etc etc. The four of us aren't perfect but we did ok this week. 💜