GIFT SUGGESTIONS FOR NEW MOTHERS ONCE THE BABY IS BORN
Our son or daughter arrives any day now...gift ideas for the love of your love after giving birth?
- •Spa vouchersMassage, nails etc. Not the most imaginative but the pampering will probably be appreciated and is definitely well deserved.
- •FlowersThere will be flowers. I'd better buy a few vases too.
- •Just cook all the meals, do all the dishes and laundry, and bring the baby to her in bed as often as possible. No gift could top those things.Suggested by @amieshmamie
- •A grocery bag full of pre-prepared or easy to make food.Olives, sandwich fixings, lemonade, salads in a bag, cut up fruit, cut up veggies with dip. Things you can eat with one hand. Chocolate pretzels. Good beer and oatmeal cookies to help with milk supply. Bendy straws because a new mom should be served a glass of water every time she sits down to nurse.Suggested by @natashac
- •Is there a new mothers store nearby? A place with nursing bras, fancy pacifiers, sleep books, etc? A gift certificate there.Suggested by @natashac
- •I loved getting a couple hours away and a sweet note from him in those first few weeks.Unsolicited advice too: always have a glass of water ready for her. There is no thirst like breastfeeding thirst. I wept every time my husband brought me a huge glass of water without asking.Suggested by @ameliaville
- •@amelia is so right about the water. Really just anticipating her needs like that, make sure she gets to eat and drink and gets a few minutes to herself to shower every day. As for a gift, I would suggest anything that makes her feel comfortable or pampered like spa or salon gift certificates and super comfy robe or pj set.Suggested by @torrami