MY FIRST COMEDY SLAPSTICK CUSTARD PIE MOMENT IN A RESTAURANT
I used to work in the restaurant business. I did this for 10 years, fulfilling various roles in the kitchen and front of house. This list outlines the time I accidentally pelted an old woman in the face with a cartoon-esque cream filled dessert.
- •I was carrying an extremely large custard and cream trifle through a very busy restaurant
- •It was stacked so high with layer upon layer of whipped cream, custard and candied fruit that I didn't see the carelessly discarded roller skate in the middle of the floor
- •I stepped on it and was sent careering across the restaurant at approx. 80-90 mph
- •At that exact moment an old woman arrived who was attending her 100th Birthday Party dinner
- •As fate would have it, the momentum propelled me straight towards her
- •Sadly, she was unable to take evasive action and was subjected to a full frontal splattering from the out of control dessert
- •She was left looking like Robin Williams after he face plants the cream cake in Mrs Doubtfire, only this was less funny. Some of her family was crying
- •I was sacked on the spot - OBVIOUSLY - but I never did get to the bottom of who left a roller skate was left in the middle of the floor and what the Hell they were thinking of?
- •Some of this list has been exaggerated