WHAT I WOULD CATCH FISHING THROUGH A HOLE IN THE ICE
I'm imagining that I'm perched on a small wooden stool atop the frozen surface of a Yukon or Arctic Circle lake. I only have a small transistor radio for company, tuned to crackling talk radio. I am hungry and need sustenance...but what bounty can I obtain from under the ice?
- •A small fishMaybe a sardine or something of that ilk. It wouldn't be enough to feed my family and me, so I would no doubt need to supplement it with some grains or wild fruits/leaves/berries that I could muster on the way back to the igloo.
- •Some larger fishNow we're talking...I'd take them back to my igloo and grill them over hot coals on the chargrill. The smell would be magnificent.
- •A toilet seatNo use. Disgusting.
- •A Wellington bootNo use.
- •Some whiskers after snagging the fishing line on the nose of a curious otter
- •Some old ropeI'd give it to my huskies as a fun chew toy.
- •A tireIt's a bit old and tired, but has often appeared in comics.Suggested by @reconditioner