Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Dreams: dreams are pointless to the common person nowadays. The common person is controlled by their dreams but are subject to the hardships of life, 90% of the time abandoning their dreams because of money problems or what society thinks has become a regularity in today's culture so they end up left to gather cobwebs in the shelves of our mind.
- •Money: money is the most pointless thing that controls us. We spend all of our lives and time trying to collect this form of currency because that's what keeps us alive only to realize that later in life money only gave you stress and worries and that everything you earned will either be lost or given to someone else.Without the constraints of money we as a people could prosper tenfold.
- •Social media: now this is a fairly new one for everyone's standards. Social media has become a frenzy of self consciousness and the need for approval from others that stems from our own insecurities. You may say well it's actually useful and helps me l need it? It sucks our time and minds into a virtual world and diverts our eyes from real problems
- 1.Nereid NeptuneNereid was discovered in 1940 by Gerard Kuiper. It is Neptune’s third largest moon. It has the most eccentric orbit of any moon in our solar system. Because of this, the distance between Nereid and Neptune vary greatly. At its closest, Nereid is a mere 841,100 miles away from Neptune. At it’s farthest, it’s 5,980,200 miles away. Because of how far away from Neptune Nereid’s orbit takes it, it takes 360 Earth days to complete one full orbit around the planet.
- 2.Mimas SaturnThis small moon was discovered in 1789 by William Herschel. Its average diameter is 246 miles. What makes this moon of Saturn stand out is the 88 mile wide, 6 mile deep impact crater named Herschel Crater. Herschel Crater is not the biggest crater found on a moon in our solar system, but it is quite amazing. It covers a staggering one-third of the surface of Mimas, and makes this moon resemble the Death Star from Star Wars.
- 3.Europa JupiterThe surface of Europa is frozen, covered with a layer of ice, but scientists think there is an ocean beneath the surface. The icy surface also makes the moon one of the most reflective in the solar system. Water plumes were spotted jetting from the moon in 2013, although those observations have not been repeated.
- 1.Casey AnthonyOn July 5, 2011, America was outraged when Florida party girl Casey Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her daughter, Caylee Anthony, 2, in the most widely followed televised trial since O.J. Simpson. Cindy Anthony reported her granddaughter missing in 2008 and said her daughter Casey’s car smelled like a dead body had been inside it. Casey lied to police, saying her daughter had been kidnapped by a nanny. Caylee’s body was later found inside a trash bag in the woods near the family home.
- 2.Jaycee Dugard/Phillip GarridoJaycee Dugard was found in 2009, 18 years after she had been kidnapped as an 11-year-old in 1991 from Lake Tahoe, Calif. investigation led to cops finding out the story of how the criminal and his wife, Nancy Garrido, had kept the girl in the backyard of their Antioch, Calif., home for years, under the nose of visiting parole officers. Repeatedly raped by Garrido, Dugard gave birth to his two daughters. In 2011,Phillip Garrido was sentenced to 431 years imprisonment; his wife received 36 years.
- 3.9/11On September 11, 2001, the Islamic terrorist group al-Qaeda launched a series of four coordinated attacks on the United States, causing the deaths of almost 3,000 people. Terrorists took over four passenger jets so they could fly them into important buildings in suicide attacks. Two of the planes were crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York; both towers collapsed in a fiery disaster.
Honestly this made me tear up by the end of writing it so I hope you find this insightful. I hope it makes you think about everything. I hope it helps you grow.
- 1.Respect.From an early age I learned that every human being deserves a certain amount of respect no matter how old, young, rich, poor. You deserve it as much as the person next to you. Everyone born onto this earth is entitled to this respect but the fact is that this same respect is like a sprout in your garden of life. If you don't treat it right it will shrivel up and die, treated with care and knowledge of its importance it will become the mighty tree that you can climb through life.
- 2.Truthfulness.If you go through life telling lie after lie then even your own views of yourself will become twisted and distorted causing you to lose faith in yourself and more importantly cause others to lose their faith in you. You will find that telling lies may be beneficial in "the moment" but in the long run its an acid that slowly eats away at you and in the moment when you need the people around you to believe in you the most you will find them lacking and not likely to put faith in you.
- 3.Learning to forget.At some point you dwelled over something to the point of sheer insanity. You played something over and over in your mind trying to find a way to change it. Held a grudge against somebody that you just couldn't find yourself to let go. If held on tightly and dwelled upon then these grudges and thoughts act like a shackle dragging you forever down causing you to miss the important things in life. If you learn to forget these things then you will transcend those shackles and fly to greater heights.
This is my poem reflecting my feelings about police nowadays. It's a rough work so don't judge too harshly.
- •Citizen's golden shield.
- •Bang, Bang.
- •Aren't you here to protect us?
- 1.H.H Holmes (completely unique in that he built his notorious Murder Castle where he apparently did in his victims)"I was born with the devil in me. I could not help the fact that I was a murderer, no more than the poet can help the inspiration to sing..I was born with the evil one standing as my sponsor beside the bed where I was ushered into the world, and he has been with me since.”
- 2.Ted Bundy“I haven’t blocked out the past. I wouldn’t trade the person I am, or what I’ve done – or the people I’ve known – for anything. So I do think about it. And at times it’s a rather mellow trip to lay back and remember.”
- 3.John Wayne Gacy"The only thing they can get me for is running a funeral parlor without a license.”
- 1.The Baby Disposalin the past, were very fond of cannibalism, sacrifice, and torture. As a case in point, not long ago as several archaeologists were searching through the sewers beneath a Roman/Byzantine bathhouse in Israel when they came across something terrifying…baby bones, and lots of them. For whatever reason someone in the bathhouse above apparently felt compelled to dispose of hundreds of babies in the sewer below.
- 2.The Venetian VampireAlthough these days the most surefire method used to slay vampire is a stake through the heart, hundreds of years ago that was not considered sufficient. Allow me to introduce you to the ancient alternative – the brick through the mouth. Think about it. What’s the easiest way to keep a vampire from sucking blood? Cram his face full of cement no doubt. The skull you are looking at here was found by archaeologists just outside Venice in a mass grave.
- 3.Terra Cotta ArmyThis vast terracotta army that was buried with Qin Shi Huang, the first Emperor of China, is certainly intense in its own right. Apparently the intention was for the soldiers to protect the emperor in the afterlife.
- 1.Doritos 3Dsreleased in the 90s and popular into the early 2000s, Doritos 3Ds were another short-lived snack hoping to corner the lucrative market of people who enjoyed corn chips but were tired of eating them in the triangular form nobody has ever had a problem with.
- 2.ToobsCreated in the 50s and sold by Smith's, Toobs were a tangy cylindrical treat gaining particular popularity throughout the 80s with people enjoying the strangely non-specific tomato taste and unique blend of wheat, potato and pleasant chemical flavour enhancers. Smith’s announced a permanent halt to production in October 2015 with the news hitting fans hard.
- 3.Vice VersasReleased by Nestlé in the early 90s, Vice Versas were button-shaped candies combining two varieties in the one bag; one made of chocolate with a white coating, and another made of white chocolate with a brown coating. Discontinued, Vice Versas were relaunched in 2012 after demands from dedicated enthusiasts led to a UK and online revival, meaning fans around the world can enjoy the delicious taste of Vice Versas.
Why 14 and not 15 you may ask. I like to be original 😛