MUST DO THINGS IN MEMPHIS
I'm sure there are other must do's but here's what I was able to do in a weekend.
- •The ducks at The Peabody HotelAt 5:00pm every day, they do an announcement and procession of the ducks down a red carpet, into an elevator, and up to the rooftop where they live in a "duck palace." There are hundreds of people gathered to watch the experience.
- •The rooftop at The Peabody Hotel
- •The Lorraine MotelThis is where MLK was assassinated. It was a surreal experience and arguably one of the biggest tragedies in US history.
- •Max's Sports Bar
- •Beale StreetLots of bars and restaurants and it reminds me of Bourbon Street on a smaller scale.
- •The FirehouseThis is an old firemen's house revamped into a bar. They have cornhole, food trucks and t-shirt trucks outside.
- •Main StreetBars and shops, trolley cars, horse and carriage
- •Bluff City CoffeeGood coffee and egg and cheese sandwich.
- •SacheClothing store with good local clothing for souvenirs.