A REALLY GREAT DATING-RELATED COMPARISON MY MOM MADE
- •I'm hanging out with Lisa this weekend.
- •And we went for a hike.
- •We were chatting about my friend who just got divorced and claims he will never get married again.Calm down. I know what you're thinking and no, I'm not dating this guy. We're just friends.
- •And my mom goes, "He really shouldn't say that he doesn't think he'll get married again because he just doesn't know."
- •"You should never claim to be the authority of what will happen in your love life."
- •"It's the same as someone getting a tattoo of their partner's name. You should never be 100% confident that that person will be with you forever. Because shit happens sometimes."
- •"The same way you can't be 100% sure that you will never find another partner again for the rest of your life."
- •Then we went and got ice cream.