GOING OFF THE PILL AFTER 12 CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF USE: WEEK 1
According to all my Google searches, all of this shit is totally normal. 👍🏻
- •I am so tired. SO tired.I wake up, go to work, get back to my apartment at 6pm, crash until 9pm, wake up to wash face/brush teeth/all that crap, go back to sleep at 10pm. Wake up at 7:30am. That's how bad it is. This is supposed to subside after a few weeks.
- •Teeny, tiny bit of acne. Nothing crazy.Two whiteheads on my jawline. I can pop 'em (no deep, under-the-skin cystic acne), moisturize so that they heal/go away, and can easily cover 'em with concealer. Thank god. Very, very minimal stuff. I don't feel like putting a paper bag over my head, so that's good.
- •Headaches.I had 3 within the last week and I rarely get them. Only one was bad—had to take some aspirin AND smoke a little weed to get rid of it. Again, nothing horrible though.
- •Yeast infection: gone.I had been dealing with repeat infections for the last year and a half and every gyno I went to told me to go off the Pill. I didn't because 1. I was scared. 2. I was sexually active. 3. I figured I had been on the Pill for 11yrs without any trouble, so what gives??? But apparently, long-term Pill usage can lead to increase risk of infections. Ugh. They were right.
- •Takeaway: it's really not that bad so far. It's not ideal (ideal meaning no side effects whatsoever), but it's not awful enough to make me want to go back on the Pill. In the end, it's MUCH better than I anticipated (and I was terrified), so please don't be too scared to try it if you're thinking about it!