MY "NUMBER" MEANS NOTHING
Someone's been slut shaming me recently and I was just not in the mood, you guys.
- •In 2015, I slept with ten different men.
- •Five of these men were one-time experiences. Only one was a true one-night stand. The other four I had gone out on dates with (sometimes many) before consenting to have sex with them. And then it just didn't work out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- •Five of these men I cared about A LOT and slept with multiple times.
- •I used protection with every person. I got tested after every person. (My health insurance is pretty good and it's not expensive to do.)
- •That number is not a reflection of my character.
- •That number is not a reflection of my intelligence.
- •That number is not a reflection of my self-respect.But my dedication to protecting myself IS.
- •Every person I slept with, I slept with monogamously. I can't date multiple people at once. It stresses me out.
- •(But even if I was sleeping with people non-monogamously, who cares?)
- •None of these sexual experiences affected my ability to be a good daughter, sister, friend, employee, or person.
- •I am not ashamed of that number. If you looked at me, your first thought wouldn't be, "Wow. That girl looks like she's slept with ten guys this year!"
- •Your first thought would probably be, "Wow, this girl looks like she eats a lot of Cheetos."
- •And you'd be right.I didn't get this butt from eating kale, that's for sure. Also, please enjoy my Target brand cotton underwear.
- •I fucking love Cheetos.
- •That number LITERALLY MEANS NOTHING.
- •But Cheetos means a great time.
- •This post was sponsored by Cheetos.