The Best Uber Ride I Ever Had. Me: A Mid-20's Jew. the Driver: A Mid-40's Palestinian
His name was Ra'id and he was exceptionally friendly. We started talking about the city of Chicago when mentioned he was from Jerusalem. I excitedly started speaking to him in Hebrew, to which he replied "No, I'm Palestinian..." After a moment of tension he said:
- •We are cousins you, and I!
- •The problem isn't people like us, it's religious extremists from both sides
- •It's sad because Palestinians and Jews, we are cousins! Family.
- •The killing just needs to stop
- •That's the best pizza in Chicago!
- •You are my friend now, my cousin! We are cousins.