Being single is/does/can be
A recent article made me think into the deeper perspective of this. What is being single really? What does it mean? What do it do?
- •Is it a reflection of the fact that you are not suited to be with another person?
- •An expectation to the other person to turn into the image you have of a suitable partner they can't meet and you chose to leave and go single because of that?
- •Is it a sign that you love the idea of being in love more than actually being in love?
- •Does it mean that meeting a new potential partner is a challenge because age is making it difficult?
- •Does it mean that all the good ones are taken and new potential partners (taking age into consideration) are the outcasts nobody wants and you are one of them?
- •Can it be a chance to do some soul searching and find peace about yourself?
- •Means that you have not chosen to settle and are content with your own company & being presentSuggested by @kate81
- •Is one experience in life, like tons of others and does not define someone in any way.Suggested by @solena
- •Can be a challenge because it gets harder to meet someone the older you get?
- •Being single is a positive for me. It means I am enough. Life is working out where I can solve problems on my own and buy what I need/want. It means my time is mine and I'm not just waiting for some guy to come along. My existence isn't in search of companionship.Suggested by @Boogie
- •A Michael Ventura essaySuggested by @sswyryt