Hygge - a how to li.st:
I heard that it is now possible to buy books that teach you how to "Hygge" like the Danes. Save your money for something better - I'll give tips for free here.
- •First let me explain "hygge" to you:
- •It's quite simple. What it's basically about is spending time with your family and friends or doing something nice for yourself.
- •Example: My son asks me when we have breakfast friday morning if we can hygge tonight.What he meens is; if we can watch a movie or play a boardgame after dinner and have some tea, some candy or cake or something like that in the livingroom - Not so complicated huh?
- •Hygge can also be lighting candles, having a cup of tea, coffee or hot chocolate while reading a book.
- •Spending time with friends over a dinner that you've cooked together, enjoying some wine and talking is also hygge
- •Or sitting outside on the covered terarace on a rainy summernight with family or friends. Talking about what ever comes to mind.
- •But most of all hygge is about the feeling of being united for something where everyones goal is to spend some nice hours together.
- •There are no rules, all you have to do is relax and have a good time.
- •It's not about making the perfect dinner, the perfect drinks, the perfect snacks.
- •The important thing is that you are together with people you enjoy spending time with.
- •Simple as scratching the back of your head.
- •So dont waste money on useless books - just set your mind to enjoying the minute and not think about what will happen the next hours.
- •Hygge can't be planned - it happens by itself.
- •Live in the moment, enjoy the moment.
- •Guess someone ( @john ) diden't read this list