Back in the good ol' days, before Google and the internet was something we all had access to, it sometimes happend that I misheard lyrics in songs.
- •Summer of 69 - Bryan AdamsI thought for years he sang "I got my first real sex dream" but it was a 6 string. Makes more sense with the "played it to my fingers bled" line.
- •Should I stay or should I go - The ClashIn the chorus after "should I stay or should I go now" I misheard it for "4 green socks" in danish and not "If I go there will be trouble"
- •I always thought Metallica's Sad But True was "Habitrol" which isn't a word at all and I have no clue where it came from.Suggested by @jennifergster
- •Always thought The Beatles were singing "Love me too" which still makes more sense in my head than "Love me do"Suggested by @solena
- •The Who. — "You Better You Better You Bet"Thought they were singing, " Your dog keeps picking me nose", it's "licking my nose".Suggested by @PassiveAggressor
- •Okay...When I first heard Cheap Thrills by Sia (ft. Sean Paul) I thought she was saying, in the chorus, "Baby I don't need God or Beyoncé to have fun tonight/ I love cheap thrills..." I eventually looked it up but I think both versions are great."https://youtu.be/nYh-n7EOtMA Listen without looking at the lyrics sometimeSuggested by @kate81