5 Albums I've Really Liked in 2016
My 2016 new year resolution was to listen to more new music, and keep up with the artists I love better. I've always been a voracious listener, but in 2015 I found myself sticking to a lot of old stuff. So here are some of this year's favorites!
- •Hamilton Broadway Cast RecordingAre we surprised? I love words and music and theater and supporting people of color while they teach the world that they have always been and always will be deserving of respect and admiration.
- •Coloring Book, Chance the RapperHe's one of the few rappers I've followed. I love his work. He puts a lot of heart into his music and I love that.
- •Kindly Now, Keaton HensonIt's very mellow, and often sad. I like putting it on at night and using it to help me work through my own feelings and experiences. His voice is different and familiar at the same time, which I find comforting.
- •Better Weather, With ConfidenceJust good fun pop punk, with moments of sincerity. The first track is also called, "Voldemort". As a HP nerd this speaks to me.
- •22, A Millon, Bon IverThis one is for @awrinkleintime. She really loves Bon Iver and I really love her. I also really love this album. I gave all of Bon Iver a good listen this November and really enjoyed it.
- •BONUS: Our Own House, MisterWivesIt came out in 2015...but I just listened to it for the first time this week AND OH BOY HAVE I BEEN JAMMING AND BOUNCING AND FEELING THIS ALBUM!