Already on li.st? Open in app.
I'm looking at all the great lists I haven't had time to read—running around with the grandkids is far more important! And now we're off on our camping adventure to the wilds of Eastern Oregon (and I do mean wild) for a few days to see the total solar eclipse.
- •Our campground for the eclipse was reserved six months ago
- •The viewing glasses were purchased at the same timeIf you want to make some quick cash, grab a case or two and head up to Southern Oregon ... they are all sold out.
- •Then we decided not to goThe crazy stories of gridlocked roads, no gasoline, no medical or police services for many miles because of people pulling off to the side of the road—or just stopping in the road—to watch the sun disappear.
Involving an Irish Wolfhound, the AKC, and the Maltese Falcon
- •I was realizing my dream of getting an Irish Wolfhound puppy that I knew I wanted to name Dash.This is not my beloved dog, but he looked just like this.
- •Since he was to be AKC registered, he needed a fancier name than Dash.
- •I love detective fiction and the breeder was using vaguely Turkish/Middle Eastern names for the rest of the litter.
- •This is personal for me. My first husband's father was Glen's manager and got him True Grit, the Goodtime Hour, and Rhinestone Cowboy.
- •When Glen had a long stint in Las Vegas, my first husband would travel there with his parents.They would fly him to L.A. and back for his Little League games! Can you imagine?
- •Then bad stuff happened in Glen's life that I know more about than I should.And he abandoned my father-in-law.
Inspired by @amieshmamie
- •Favorite movieIf you know me, even a little, you know the answer to this one. Valley Girl.
- •Favorite BookThere are two at the top, and I will not choose.
- •Favorite Book
- •Heaven and HellWhen you are good and kind to yourself and others, you should feel heavenly. When you are cruel and injurious to yourself and others, you should feel like hell. Pay for your behavior here. Now. On earth. After life, I hope we get to come back and try it again. At some point, I think the energy of our soul just dims out—maybe little pieces of our leftover energy go into other things: like kittens. 🤷🏻♀️
Inspired by @shainadesai
- •English grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.Just trust me and use the Oxford comma.
- •Pumpkin carving
I've been looking forward to today for a couple months, because fellow li.sters @angela3950, @nikkilounoel, and I planned to get together for lunch.
- •It was SO much fun!Angela was in Anaheim for a Disney event, Nikki lives in South Orange County, and I'm a couple miles away from the Happiest Place on Earth.
- •We met at a true hole-in-the-wall restaurant with a funky vibe and great Italian food.It's called Rufino's, and it's been in business on Euclid at Ball Road for fifty years. Look them up on Trip Advisor or Yelp and stop by if you're in the area.
- •Angela and I have a lot in common. A freakish lot.How many people have you ever known whose first car was a blue Corvair? None? Now you know two. Health food family growing up? Yep. Similar first marriages? Check. The very particular similarities are so striking, I suggested we make a spreadsheet for further evaluation.
For @angela3950 Check out her list: https://li.st/angela3950/just-a-few-of-my-fruit-crate-label-collection-0ZTS51uqCWnfJMEBOtthzh
- •An avid collector of labels for many years, I now have a few hundred of them. These are a few I have framed and hanging in the house.
Inspired by @hmcgill
- •SCTVMrs. Falbo's Tiny Town, Monster Chiller Horror Theatre, and Lola Heatherton are favorites. Oh, and Bob and Doug McKenzie, Sammy Maudlin, Johnny LaRue, Edith Prickley, and Guy Caballero. All the hilarious commercials! And CCCP1!
- •EastendersThere are well over five thousand episodes over many years! I got hooked pretty quick..
- •Sports NightHow it only lasted two seasons is beyond me.
Inspired by @Gola