A HALLOWEEN PLAYLIST — with a twist 🎃🏚🎶
Because it's all about the kids. Inspired by @veshecco
- •Cruella de Vil — The ReplacementsFrom the 1988 album Stay Awake: Various Interpretations of Music from Vintage Disney Films. Always wondered how Tom Waits would interpret "Heigh-Ho" from Snow White? Wonder no more. I love this CD! http://youtu.be/I_1u-ufBYEA
- •Fortune Teller — Rolling StonesI went to the fortune teller, to get my fortune read. I didn't know what to tell her, I had a dizzy feeling in my head. A favorite Stones song since I was little; all but forgotten now. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=95tMg4bHrKI
- •Ring of Fire — Social DistortionMy favorite version of this song. I will fight you over this.
- •Centerfield — John FogertyMy daughter made these costumes for my grandchildren, Dottie Hinson and Jimmy Dugan.
- •Queen of Hearts — Dave Edmunds
- •Cool for Cats — SqueezeAnd meanwhile at the station There's a couple of likely lads Who swear like how's your father And they're very cool for cats They're cool for cats.
- •Showroom Dummies —KraftwerkPoetic license on the photo ... thankfully, not a single example of a kids' show room dummy costume on line.
- •Tell A Vision Time — Dirk HamiltonDirk is a very dear friend of mine. He has been writing smart, clever, observant lyrics for nearly five decades. His album Meet Me at the Crux is genius. http://youtu.be/1q9ODXVQFjA
- •Werewolves of London — Warren ZevonFun fact: my friend Dirk (above) was the opener for Zevon on tour. One night, band members of both singers were drinking in a bar and got into a heated argument over who was the better singer, and who could kick whose ass. Zevon heard about it and fired Dirk from the tour. http://youtu.be/iDpYBT0XyvA
- •Milk Shakin' Mama — Dan Hicks & His Hot LicksMy first job was at an ice cream parlor; this was my theme song. http://youtu.be/3ajcK6xB5Iw?list=PLaKRLw54DY1Bm9UyczOPKRZB5DZrO3eRd
- •Beep Beep (Little Nash Rambler) — The PlaymatesThe song is as cute as little kids wearing cardboard cars. http://youtu.be/CNAdGSpfBmM
- •Gypsies, Tramps, Thieves — CherWe'd hear it from the people of the town, they'd call us ...
- •The Unicorn Song — The Irish RoversThe answer to why there are no unicorns: http://youtu.be/_EPsuOEH1fY
- •20th Century Digital Boy — Bad ReligionAssuming we will see many minecraft costumes tonight. http://youtu.be/jIAT8QXC6T0
- •Greetings to the New Brunette —Billy BraggMy daughter visiting England last year. http://youtu.be/jfKcG3gn3F8