A REAL POD-CAST
We have a palm tree near our front porch. I hate it because it bites. It has spikes: long, sharp, pointy needles that rip skin and clothing. But for a short time, it also does something beautiful. Then it turns messy, and makes me hate it all over again.
- •The podsThey're sturdy and from six- to twelve-inches long. You could conk someone on the head with one, and it would hurt!
- •They begin to open
- •Reminds me of wheat
- •Or cauliflower
- •A sea plant
- •It's lovely
- •The flowers dryPollen and dry husks go everywhere. (This is pre-dry stage.)
- •It's hard to dislike something that can look so beautiful.
- •Today I cut off all the podsAnd took them apart. I think it looks magical inside.
- •It's so compact and preciseAnd it feels like rubber or silicone.
- •But then there are those needle-spikes ...Look at those things!
- •But, look!