BANDS I LIKE WITH SEMI-ODD NAMES
Upbeat melodies, clever lyrics, oddball performers ... be still, my heart.
- •Commander Cody and His Lost Planet AirmenLost in the Ozone Again
- •Southern Culture on the SkidsDoublewide
- •Bonzo Dog BandJollity Farm, The Intro and the Outro
- •Fountains of WayneI find the band name highly annoying, but I love nearly every song they've ever done. Every song. Lead singer Chris Collingwood has a new project out called Look Park. Another odd name, another bunch of great songs.
- •Dan Hicks and the Hot LicksMilkshakin' Mama!
- •The Colorblind James ExperienceI'm Considering a Move to Memphis
- •Squirrel Nut ZippersNamed for an old-time candy, they are currently touring again after twenty years.
- •The RugburnsHitchhiker Joe was a favorite singalong song for my daughters. (Totally inappropriate but so catchy!)
- •SupertrampBest wedding love song never used at weddings: Downstream. I still have my T-shirt from their 1977 Even in the Quietest Moments tour.
- •SqueezeMy. Favorite. Band. Of. All. Time. Chris Difford and Glenn Tilbrook are both brilliant writers and performers.