DEAR SECRET SANTA,
How are you? How was your summer? I've been pretty good this year. I did back over and break the sprinkler head at the edge of the driveway, but I helped to fix it. And I took the cat to the vet while my husband golfed. Here are a few things I like, in case you need some ideas.
- 1.I like candy. A lot.Especially if it's something that is a traditional favorite in your part of the world.
- 2.I love words.A thirty year career as a writer and copy editor was never work. I'm mostly retired now, but if it uses words or talks about words, I'm in heaven.
- 3.I am an incurable collector.T-shirts, shells, vintage advertising, books, music, movies, buttons and pins, jewelry-making beads, tea towels, and anything vintage unusual.
- 4.When I travel, the one thing I insist on doing is visiting a grocery store or market. You can learn a lot about an area by what you see in the store.I always search the candy, cookie, and condiment aisle for anything different and regional.
- 5.I love handmade itemsIt's an honor to receive a handmade gift.
- 6.All in all, I'd love anything you'd like to share—especially if it tells me about the area in which you live or about you.
- 7.Thank you very much, Secret Santa! I'm super excited to participate ... it's fun to give and to receive.And thanks bunches to @DawnCloud for making this possible. 😘