Thanksgiving (U.S.) is tomorrow. I am planning a fairly traditional dinner, but there are always things to consider. For example:
- •Fresh or frozen?The turkey, I mean.
- •Cloth or paper?Napkins
- •Whole or jellied?Cranberry sauce
- •Light or dark?Turkey meat (or beer, now that I think about it)
- •Sweet or dill?In a pickle over this one
- •Still or sparkling?Water or wine ... however you choose to party.
- •Early or late?Shall we eat at 4:00 or 7:00?
- •Pumpkin or cherry?I don't like pie, but I like to think of others.
- •There are no questions about the dressing—it goes in the bird, has lots of onions and celery, and includes minced yellow hot peppers for a delightful kick.A spoonful of salsa on top of dressing is super delicious, too.
- •No question about the veg, either ...Fresh green beans, a little butter and salt. No sauce, no casserole dish; just fresh flavor. And they make the plate more festive.