HOW I KNOW IT'S 4:30
It's 4:30 and I don't even need to look at a clock.
- •I know it's 4:30 because my neighbor blows every leaf, twig, and speck of dust off her driveway and yard with a leaf blower!
- •Every. Fucking. Day.Like clockwork
- •She's been doing this every fucking day since the first of the year.I'm assuming she got the leaf blower for Christmas.
- •It sounds like this:WHUU-uh-uh. WHUU-uh-uh. WHUUUUUU-uh-uh.
- •It goes on for at least half an hour.If I'm lucky.
- •She blows when it's windy. She blows when it rains.She's driving this neighbor fucking insane.
- •It sets my teeth on edge.And it's starting to make me angry.
- •Today I got up and slammed our front window shut, hoping she'd notice.But she was concentrating too hard on that one—ONE—leaf she couldn't blow off the lawn.
- •Pick it up, pick it up, pick it up!For the love of god, bend over and pick it up!
- •I get it, neighbor, obsessive-compulsive disorder is a complicated and debilitating problem. I know that must be it, because you also never go further away from your house than the curb.But that noise! I can't take that noise: Every. Fucking. Day.
- •Think of your neighbors and go back to using your broom.It was far more efficient.
- •I'm not afraid to talk to a neighbor about an issue—and I know her, but if she is OCD, it may only make things worse, AND she doesn't speak English.And I am not equipped to ask her if she could please cut back on the leaf blowing in Spanish.
- •Please help me.