MY DESSERT ISLAND LIST
Inspired by @andersun
- •Vanilla Layer CakeVanilla cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and filling.* Vanilla is one of the most complex flavors we have—nothing plain about it. (Cake in photo needs more frosting and filling, and some pretty piped-on borders in pastel colors—no sprinkles, please.) *A fruit filling is also delicious—and pretty. Pineapple, strawberry, or passion fruit are nice. Simply delicious!
- •A One Pound Box of See's ChocolatesWill include: Mayfair, vanilla cream, chocolate cream, butterscotch square, California brittle, polar bear paw, Bordeaux, mocha, strawberry cream, raspberry cream, and blueberry truffle.
- •Banana Fudge Ice CreamFresh banana with chocolate fudge swirl. Lappert's makes an excellent banana fudge, or you can make it yourself! Add some chopped maraschino cherries for fun.
- •Orange SorbetMade with fresh squeezed backyard oranges (if possible).
- •Grape SorbetUsing Welch's Concord grape juice—the color is deep and rich.
- •BlondiesButterscotch brownies—chewy and sweet.
- •Baked CustardWith lots of nutmeg sprinkled on top.
- •3 Musketeers—Fun SizeA treat my great-grandmother and I shared while taking walks when I was quite young. I love them; we have history.
- •Fresh JackfruitIt's impossible to describe the flavor ... other than heavenly. It tastes like two things combined, but I can't come up with them. Pear and banana, perhaps? The fruits are huge! I go to a Vietnamese produce market where they have the little pods packaged in small amounts.
- •Oatmeal Raisin CookiesCrispy, chewy cookies with lots of cinnamon and nutmeg. (I have the perfect recipe!)