THINGS THAT TASTE LIKE MY CHILDHOOD
Inspired by @kate81
- •Oscar Mayer hard salami and ketchup on a hamburger bunProper technique is to flatten the bun down so the sandwich is about a half-inch tall. Two slices of salami only.
- •Hi-C OrangeFrom a 64 oz. can, which maybe gave it a slightly metallic taste.
- •Cream cheese with horseradish spread on party ryeFifth grade lunch every day for a year—like cocktail party food in a lunchbox.
- •Celery sticks with peanut butterOr cream cheese
- •My mom's meatloafAlmost more veg than meat; served with creamy mashed potatoes and frozen green beans or peas.
- •PopcornSprinkled with Lawry's seasoning salt.
- •Helm's Bakery glazed raspberry jelly doughnutDelivered to the house via the Helmsman's coach. Like an ice cream truck for baked goods.
- •Van de Kamp's bakery birthday cakeGrocery store baked goods section. Best cakes ever. Always two roses on top in either pink or yellow.
- •Mixed orange juice and lemonade drinkMy mom's invention, I think. Super refreshing!
- •Tiger's MilkGag. I hated breakfast, so my mom would have me choke this down every morning. Along with about thirty vitamin and mineral pills (it was the days of megadoses for health). No wonder I always felt sick in school.