TOP 5 DOG BREEDS THAT I WANTED AS A PET WHEN I WAS A CHILD, RANKED
Inspired by @Diplomatic_diva
- 1.Irish WolfhoundThe Los Angeles Times Magazine had a column of dog breeders every Sunday, and from about age twelve on I imagined calling the Sunstag kennels to choose my dog. In my early thirties, I did just that. The Wolfhound in the photo looks just like my dog Dash El Amet. A play on Dashiell Hammett and the reason for my screen name—got the dog and AOL at the same time.
- 2.German ShepherdMeet my dog Sam. He was a shepherd-Lab mix who I loved deeply. I think I was fifteen in this photo. There are too many beautiful, funny, and brave stories to fit here and he'd deserve them all to be told.
- 3.Bernese Mountain DogWho's a good boy?!
- 4.Great PyreneesDon't know who the lady is, but I had to choose this photo—it's so loving.
- 5.OtterhoundThis Otterhound seems to be sporting "The Rachel."