Things That Taste Like My Childhood
None of these things are healthy haha.
- •Sweet teaTruly southern. Except nowadays I prefer hot tea and sweeten it with honey.
- •Fried okraBest dinner side hands-down.
- •Peanut brittleUsually only a treat my siblings and I got on road trips.
- •Root beerA summer camp classic. Always had it during free time with vanilla ice cream. Though one year the ice cream machine broke and they never bothered to get it fixed or replace it.
- •Tres lechesStill the best cake in my opinion. Only got it at my cousins' parties because my parents never liked it.
- •French toastwith bacon. Best breakfast ever.
- •Adanski StewThis recipe was invented by my brother's boy scout troop and it had link sausage(cut), couscous, and mixed vegetables. That's all it was. It became a family classic.
- •Scooby Doo fruit snacksThe lunch item I saved for last.