Most Exciting Thing to Happen Today for a Gaming Loser
A dude at Capcom talks about a new Onimusha game. For anyone that doesn’t know this franchise, I'll explain:
- •In 2001 Capcom released a game to fill that gaping market void of Samurai-vs-Demons. For a 13 year old me, this represented a mind-bending adventure of complex-inducing violence as i fought an army of easily dispatchable samurai zombies.Oh yea, there was a princess as well. Simply because the plotlines of Japanese games generally haven't advanced since the original Mario.
- •The main guy also had a bunch of very typical, Japanese-looking powers. His most impressive definitely being that he was both engaging and aggressively undeveloped at the same time. This btw was a game where a new sword was considered major character development. (Having said that, the duel bladed one was sweet and made me feel like Darth Maul.)Fuck all of you, I was 13 and totally allowed to enjoy the prequels back then!
- •Anyway these powers all combine to deal with monsters as strange as the Japanese imagination can stretch. If you are unfamiliar with how astonishing that feat is, I would like to remind you that this is the collective mind that previously brought us a monster with a giant eye where his ass should be. Your move humanity...
- •If you stare into that eye long enough, you can see the surface of the sun and hear the deaths of everyone you ever loved.
- •Now I may not have sold this game overly well, but it was totally awesome. If only because you could replay the entire game dressed in an adorable giant panda suit. I mean who hasn't dreamed of being a zombie-slaughtering samurai, dressed as a panda? (I honestly have no idea what the poll results to that question would look like. I can only hope..)If you have though, let me assure you: Capcom has this market down and i know the game just for you...seriously though, it was awesome.