MY WEST WING TOBY THEORY
I'm still working on this, but...
- •Okay so first, Richard Schiff (who plays Toby) always said it was out of character for Toby to be the one to leak the info
- •And I always used to believe this as wellBecause Toby sticks by Bartlet
- •But on the second time watching through the show I noticed something:
- •Everyone else (Bartlet, Sam, Will, and Josh) betray him at some point in timeBartlet lied about MS, Sam left, Will worked for the VP, and Josh becomes obsessed with politics
- •So, being fed up, Toby decides to leak the info
- •NOT OUT OF ANGER OR SPITE
- •But because he believes that it is the right thing to do (against everyone else)
- •And even though everyone else may have betrayed their morals (or really his morals) Toby will stick to hisBy releasing the info
- •So it is in Toby's character
- •Because he is always the one to stick to his morals
- •Even if no one else agrees with him
- •The end.