NJ STEREOTYPES TRUE AND FALSE
NEW JERSEY. NOT NEW JOISEY
- •Porkroll Egg & Cheese is life-changing: TRUEIt's not taylor ham. It's porkroll. And it's delicious.
- •NJ beaches are not that great: FALSE(Pictured) is the beach that I have grown up by my entire life. Ranked in Fodor's 15 Best Beaches.
- •We all speak with "yous" and "wooter" (you and water): FALSEI say neither of these. That's a North Jersey thing.
- •New Jersey Bagels are the way to go: TRUEHard to explain. Just try one. Talking about bagel shops is like talking about pizza shops in NJ. Which brings to mind...
- •NJ pizza is the way to go: TRUESorry, not sorry, NYC and Chicago. I'm staying loyal to NJ.
- •"Jersey Shore" is accurate: FALSEThat's like 1.375% of the population.
- •We're all Italian Mobsters: FALSEWhile there are definitely some, many are not. (I am not).
- •We're all terrible drivers: NOT EXACTLY TRUE?We're not all bad, but there's a lot of bad drivers out there. Part of the problem is that there are so many!
- •We're loyal to our state: TRUEWe make fun of NJ all the time, but only we can make fun of it. Without NJ there's no Sinatra, Derek Jeter, or Count Basie (literally just 3 out of many). NJ stays a part of you forever.