WHAT ALL YOU LISTERS MISSED BY NOT BEING WITH MY FAMILY ON OUR ROAD TRIP
I should have written down quotes my sister said (she's nine and so obviously hilarious) but I didn't. But you guys missed a great trip from NJ to FL.
- •We drove to Florida in 17.5 hoursLeft Friday morning, arrived midnight Saturday morning. Then again on the way back Monday- midnight Tuesday.
- •We ate at Waffle House AND Cracker BarrelBecause we don't have either in New Jersey.
- •I long boarded for 4 milesGrowing up along the shore, I learned to long board (barefoot) during the summer at a young age. I missed it so much that I HAD to skate (barefoot) while there was warmth. And I arrived at this view.
- •Bipolar Weather80 degrees F on Saturday. 40 degrees F on Sunday.
- •My Dad and I ate gatorAnd it was goooood.
- •My little sister rarely stopped talking in the carShe's nine. The excitement got to her.
- •I took a nature walk by myself. Then again with my family.We found this dock.
- •My sister texted me from the back seatShe got really bored at one point. We talked about Santa and whether or not he has a cell phone with the number 1-800-SANTA. (And how Rudolf obviously does NOT use a cell phone. He prefers hand written sentiments) *note the spelling error of a nine year old.
- •I stopped to look at the fishiesThere were SO many in a nearby river.
- •I drove for the first time out of stateSouth Carolina's got nothing on me.
- •My sister and I made make-shift gas masks with pillow casesTo block the smell of Georgia. I apologize if you're from Georgia, but parts of the state just smell like rotten eggs.
- •Waking up and going straight into a pool and/or oceanOne of my favorite things in the world.
- •The many sunrises and sunsets that you experience on the roadAnother one of my favorite things.