EXCERPTS FROM THE SMASH MOUTH BIOGRAPHY
I'm in Palm Springs and @DelbertShoopman brought a weird Smash Mouth biography here, written by formative member (bassist) Paul DeLisle.
- •"Most people wouldn't know me from Adam. But unless you've been living in a cloistered monastery for the last fifteen years, you have heard of my band."
- •"It was a silvery, chili-burgers cold Sunday afternoon in very early November, 1994."
- •"We liked girls. And girls liked us because we were both handsome and charming."
- •"...it seemed like every other chump on our shared, working-cover-band world was either an ego muse-head, or a muso paste-face."
- •"Steve was very much the modern-day Robin Hood of Campbell Forest. He stole from the rich and gave to the 'Mouth."
- •"Enough Twain-bashing."
- •And that's only 30-pages in. Ok. I'm done.